Our Mission

Our mission, encapsulated within our name, revolves around promoting recreational fishing to enhance mental health and social well-being. We firmly believe in the transformative power of fishing, with its myriad benefits for the mind, body, and community. In pursuit of this vision, we collaborate with compatible brands and individuals to effectively convey the importance of this holistic, restorative pastime.

man in black shirt sitting on chair near lake during daytime
man in black shirt sitting on chair near lake during daytime

The worldwide pandemic and tumultuous global events have led to a mental health crisis that transcends age and background, touching the lives of countless individuals. Research reveals a staggering 300% surge in mental health disorders and substance abuse since 2019, underscoring the widespread impact of these challenging times.

Public Health Crisis

Nature's soothing and restorative qualities, particularly those of water, contribute to a sense of relaxation and well-being. Research has demonstrated that fishing can yield benefits comparable to meditation, such as alleviating anxiety and enhancing overall mood. The practice of fishing demands both patience and concentration, which can, in turn, hone one's attention and bolster problem-solving abilities. By stepping away from the constant barrage of technology and the relentless pace of daily life, individuals can foster deeper connections with loved ones and form new bonds with fellow enthusiasts, all while experiencing the therapeutic effects of spending time in the great outdoors.

Wellness Benefits

A recent survey uncovered that a mere 18% of Americans engage in fishing activities, leaving 82% of the population missing out on the numerous benefits of recreational fishing. To connect with this untapped audience, the Get Folks Fishing Foundation has launched a comprehensive national media campaign in partnership with Lunkerville and its broadcasting and streaming affiliates and through prominent social media platforms. The campaign aims to inform, entertain, and captivate individuals, inspiring them to partake in fishing to improve mental well-being and foster community.

How We Make an Impact

Get in Touch